Is there a Spanish version?

AI-generated summary

The discussion revolves around the availability of a Spanish version of Discourse. wm00 started by inquiring about using the script for a Spanish site. Mittineague replied that Spanish is one of the more complete translations, with 97% of strings translated.

SidV pointed out that while some translations are not complete, they are being worked on. They also inquired about the translation of the word “validate” and were made a reviewer for the Spanish Argentina locale.

Fer_Nando completed the Spanish version, but reviewers have some work to do. SidV questioned the existence of multiple Spanish versions (e.g., “es”, “es_ES”, “es_AR”) and was informed by elijah that the bare “es” refers to general Spanish, while country-specific versions use a hyphen and country code.

Later, absi reported that their site’s Terms of Service (TOS) remained in English despite the site being in Spanish. SidV explained that they had translated the TOS in the past, but updates to Discourse would often revert them to English. They provided links to a discussion on translating TOS and a GitHub repository for their translations. After investigating, SidV suspected a bug and pointed to a related discussion on the issue.

I just want to know if I can use the script for a Spanish site.

Spanish is one of the more complete translations.

https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/

Spanish (Spain)
97%
110 strings to translate

4 лайка

Totalmente de acuerdo, y lo que no está traducido, lo estamos traduciendo :wink: :es:


Anyway, do you know how “validate” translates @Mittineague ?
Ah, I need to be “Reviewer” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 лайка

Sorry, but I don’t know what you’re asking.
“validar”, but you must know that.

I referer to this:

I think that discourse “team” have “reviewers” to “validate” translations.

PS, I think that @techapj can help here :thumbsup:

1 лайк

I just made you reviewer of Spanish Argentina :wink:

2 лайка

Thanks, I’ve already copy es_ES to es_AR, now I review, and I’ll change to argentinian idioms :blush:

Now Spanish from Argentina is translated in 100% too :thumbsup:

If you need help reviewing es_ES, just let me know.

5 лайков

Also made you reviewer of the es_ES :es: locale :wink:

2 лайка

I completed the spanish version now to 100%, but reviewers have some work hehe

1 лайк

Gracias @Fer_Nando

A doubt @zogstrip, why is there a “ES” version, and then other “es_AR”, “es_ES”, etc.
The “es” version for what purpose exist?

See RFC 4646 - Tags for Identifying Languages “Tags for Identifying Languages” for example. The bare “es” is just Spanish (español). Bare “en” is just English. If you want a specific version, you ask for the version with your region (hyphen country code, not underscore). And absent that specific version, you want to fall back to the general one: just “es”.

Thanks @elijah, but in this case “es” version is equal for “es_ES” version.
As a reviewer, I can not review both versions, it’s a waste of time.

Yes, I was a bit confused on why there would be both. Seems redundant to me.
I’m guessing the more general “es” was started before it was realized that country specific translations would be needed

1 лайк

Мой сайт на испанском, но Условия использования остались на английском.

Есть идеи, как это легко исправить?

Честно говоря, я переводил Условия использования (TOS) очень давно. Каждый раз, когда Discourse что-то меняет, они снова выкладывают их на английском, так что я устал, ха-ха… Перевести все Условия использования на испанский — задача не из легких.

Вот обсуждение по поводу перевода Условий использования на испанский: Términos de Servicio (tos_topic.body) 🇪🇸

Я создал полный репозиторий, чтобы не начинать с нуля каждый раз, когда Discourse обновляет условия: https://github.com/SidVal/SidV/tree/master/discourse

Если вы хотите присоединиться к команде Transifex и помогать с каждым переводом, вы всегда приветствуетесь.
Здесь я объясняю, как присоединиться: https://meta.discourse.org/t/como-traducir-con-transifex/104566


Обновление: @absi, я проверил Условия использования в Transifex, и они действительно переведены. Какой вариант испанского языка вы используете? :thinking: У вас установлена последняя версия Discourse?

@SidV, честно говоря, не понимаю, почему это всё ещё на английском. Политика конфиденциальности уже на испанском. Можно ли это как-то исправить?

Я проверил, и похоже, это баг. Давайте посмотрим, что пишут здесь: TOS translated but stayed in English

С уважением