Modal is set to display none;

I’m unable to update the custom sidebar unless I inspect the page and remove the display: none in the scss. This worked previously and I’m not clear what changed to make it stop working - any suggestions for troubleshooting?

If I understand what you’re saying, you could just add this as a component:

.modal-middle-container {
    display: flex;
}

Is your Discourse instance up to date with either 3.1.0 stable or 3.2.0 beta-1 dev? Are you a user or admin?

Can you please post a screenshot or explain in more detail what you are meaning?
The navigation sidebar menu is working as expected for custom sections.

It might also be worth checking if you have an extra snippet of code in your theme or in a theme component that adds the display none initially.

If you try safe mode does the custom button appear?

3 Likes

I’m on version 3.2.0.beta1-dev and I am the admin. I’ve turned off all themes and components (as far as I can tell) so just using the base system.

Turning on safe-mode does fix it.

Here is what I see:

If it works in safe mode then it should be a theme/theme component that’s interfering (you can narrow it down to just theme/theme components using the safe mode tickbox options if you want to confirm).

If you have a look in the inspector where you’ve been toggling off the display none you should see a clue as to where it’s coming from:

theme id

That should give you the theme id of where the rule lives. You can then add it to a link to track it down - eg [YourSite]/admin/customize/themes/83

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Turned out to be the “discourse-landing-pages” plugin, which we aren’t actually using. All fixed.

1 Like

Ahh. It was a plugin in the end. Nice digging. :+1: :slight_smile:

I think Landing Pages has been unmaintained for awhile (pre-sidebar custom sections) so this may indicate it’s finally non-working. I’ll leave a note and update the tag for it. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.