Fakebook, a theme for social media lovers

theme-full

(Kris) #1

I had a little fun with this one to showcase the flexibility of our theming system. This layout might look a bit familiar :wink:

The theme features a navigation sidebar, as well as a sidebar that showcases some of your user profile information. If a topic has an image, the topic list shows a preview. You can also turn on topic excerpts via a hidden site setting in the rails console (always_include_topic_excerpts).

:eye: Preview it on the theme creator

:hammer_and_wrench: Github url: https://github.com/awesomerobot/Fakebook

:man_shrugging: How do I install a theme?

Preview with topic excerpt:

In the theme settings you’ll find a few options for hiding sidebar content, or switching the sidebar sides.

I recommend using the “Categories Only” category page layout with this theme, as space in the main column very limited.

Embed.ly support
(Kris) #2

I still have a few open todos on this one:

Better handling of images in topic list (They indiscriminately pull images from oneboxes if there’s one in the OP, and these don’t work well as previews)

Include sidebars on tag pages (I don’t have a class to differentiate filtered tag pages from the tag directory)

The name is pretty good though :))

(Pad Pors) #4

nice work :clap: thanks.

for rtl languages, it seems it needs some slight css tweaks for the user avatar as well as comments:

the category drop-down menu, unlike tag drop-down menu, comes into the topic list:

in the topic pages, margins and paddings for post are not tuned for rtl:

(Eduardo Braga) #7

Can you change colors?

I want to keep the original color discourae but with this facebook layout

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(Mario) #9

I loooove it!!

Fantastic work @awesomerobot

Fantastic theme! Great work and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Really want to implement your theme but I’m getting a bit of an issue with the topic lists. Do you know what could be causing this? Have been combing through admin settings.