Follow Plugin 👨

Interesting, I discovered another bug. On mobile, the network tab is broken - the right dropdown is blank and cant be tapped to filter Following or Followers,

However, when the link is entered directly (site.com/u/follow/following) rather than going through the navigation, it works.

2 Likes

When you hover over the Followers link button, what URL do you see in the tooltip/status popup (on Firefox this is bottom left)?

1 Like

The tooltip displays https://site.com/u/Alex/follow/followers

2 Likes

OK at least that is correct … I’ll get back to this when I have some time to spare. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help Robert :smile:

4 Likes

Before knowing this Plugin existed, earlier today, I actually requested for a somewhat similar feature here.

… but with a slightly different use case, very much based on admin experiences only.

I would like to see how Stealth mode looks, if it ever gets implemented, and I might even favor a “admin-only” option in this plugin, so that it would be only active for Moderators, and ordinary users would have no sign that it is installed.

For some sites, this “social” kind of “follow” just doesn’t make sense, but the feature can still make sense for other reasons.

4 Likes

Exactly what I’d like to see too!

2 Likes

Hey Robert! Any update on this? Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not yet but should have an update by end of week I hope.

5 Likes

Alex, the second bug should now be fixed:

Please update and check.

Unfortunately this was hard to track down as was ‘silently’ failing.

As for your first issue, which looks individual to you, I’ll add some error trapping so we can investigate further, I will PM.

6 Likes

Thank you Robert, I appreciate your help a lot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We’d love this too! Was this ever built?

Hi @angus! Awesome Plugin! Was wondering if there is a way to not have Babble chat trigger Follow notifications?

1 Like

If i follow a user i get a notification every time they post

How can i disable that but still recieve notifications if the reply to me, mention me, quote me or link my post to a topic?

Talking about Follow Plugin

1 Like

That’s the default behavior. You don’t need to follow them or use the plugin for that to happen.

2 Likes

I don’t want to receive such notifications. I dont want to be notified of every single post they make, just when they reply to me, quote me, mention me, etc.

1 Like

Then don’t follow them. Following them is asking to be notified for every single post they make.

3 Likes

Thats not the point tho

I think I get it, you like the Following discovery list, but don’t want the notifcations?

That’s a piece of development work to add some settings to defeat those, I’m afraid. Might be nice if you could selectively defeat each one.

3 Likes

True, would be nice to add an option like that.

2 Likes