This is a Question Answer plugin that allows you to create topics in a similar QA style used by Stack Overflow.
There are two ways to turn a topic into a QA topic:
- Via QA tag set in Admin > Settings > Plugins > qa tags
- By making all topics in a category QA style topics: Category Settings > Settings > Enable QA style for topics in this category.
- Up-votes, but no down-votes (yet)
- The first post of the topic cannot be voted on (yet). Adding this would raise some overlap with Discourse Feature Voting.
- Subsequent posts can be up-voted. One vote per user per topic.
- Posts are arranged, first by the number of votes they have received, then by the date they were posted.
Here’s where this plugin fits into the array of similar plugins and features available in Discourse:
“Like” button. There is already a way of expressing support for a post in Discourse in the form of the like button. The main difference between that button and this plugin is that this plugin re-arranges the posts in the topic based on those that have been supported. This plugin may also add the ability to ‘down vote’ posts.
Solved Plugin. The Solved Plugin is an official Discourse plugin. It also allows you to create QA style topics, but of a different style. The Solved Plugin allows the original poster (or a staff member) to select a solution to the question in the first post. In contrast, this plugin allows each user of the forum a vote on what they think is the best answer.
Feature Voting Plugin. This plugin allows you to vote on topics themselves, as opposed to specific posts. There is a great discussion of the thinking behind this in the plugin topic and associated spec.