This topic covers the configuration of AI Bot module of the Discourse AI plugin.
The AI Bot allows for direct integration with generative AI powered by either OpenAI or Anthropic.
- Replies from bot stream and can be stopped mid generation
- Automatically titles PMs
- Multiple team members can interact with a chat session
- When configured it can generate images using stable diffusion
- When configured it can search using Google
- Is able to search through public content on the forum
ai_bot_enabled_chatbots: list of bots to enable
ai_bot_enabled: to enable the plugin
ai_bot_allowed_groups: groups with access to the chat bot
ai_helper_add_ai_pm_to_header: add robot to the top of the page to initiate messages
ai_stability_api_key: (optional) stable diffusion api key
ai_google_custom_search_api_key: (optional) google custom search api key
The bot is an area of much experimentation and is changing rapidly.
- Chat integration
- Semantic search (currently uses traditional search)
- Faster topic summaries
I don’t want perfect to be the enemy of good here.
I changed it so all the extra fancy stuff like search integration and image generation is only implemented on GPT 4 which is able to properly deal with the very complicated prompt.
I have some ideas on bringing these features to GPT 3.5 / Claude as well, but in the interim the basics are mighty useful on the simpler models.
- Multiple people can interact with LLMs in a single session (something that is not possible in chat.openai.com)
- Stuff streams like it does in the official UIs and can be cancelled.
- We get access to our Markdown engine so you can get it to draw mermaid diagrams and other fancy things.
So this is very useful for general purpose tasks on the simpler models today.
Given the latest news from OpenAI I am delighted to now support GPT 3.5 with full bot capacity! (to be merged soon)
Sadly I still can not get anthropic to work in this department, techniques such as GitHub - microsoft/guidance: A guidance language for controlling large language models. may get it there, but it can get super expensive.