🗓 Discourse Event

Small bug report. When you set this setting somewhat high:

It doesn’t put the attendees in multiple rows, but rather stretches them horizontally:

I guess it is related to the report two posts above this one.

1 Like

Feature request: allow organizer to send private messages to all attendees

This could be useful to share details about the event, that shouldn’t be publicly visible.

(I have a specific use case where people organize gatherings in private homes, and want to share the exact address only with users who rsvp’d.)

6 Likes

Would be really useful for sharing conference call links but avoid “Zoom bombing” in this age of Corona. Though maybe revealing content when you register as attending would be simpler/better?

(If anyone has a good workaround idea for posting semi-hidden links, please let me know. We urgently need something for this. I tried the “bbcode-lock” and “bbcode-hide” plugins but they are both broken.)

We send those invitations via PM using the BCC plugin.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen, just to be clear: you copy a contact list from the event manually to send a PM out via BCC?

No, we copy the usernames into a new PM and use this:

It’s nice to have a final manual filter step. Occasionally someone will RSVP that we decide to drop from attendance and this approach lets us circulate the link more selectively.

3 Likes

Thanks Stephen, I wrote up a step-by-step on how to create events and message individual participants using the BCC plugin on our forum:

6 Likes

Ok, just be aware that discourse-bcc only works for staff. That topic looks to be publicly available, are any non-staff users responsible for organizing events?

1 Like

Yes, I am aware. That’s why I added a note to contact me if they do not see the option.

Firstly, thanks a lot for your hard work! This plugin is awesome!

We have a greek music forum (https://rembetiko.gr). Given that we cover a lot of music events in our discussions, this plugin can be really useful for us. We have already installed it and our users have started to use it. Our end-goal is to let users crowdsource new music events in a specific category.

To achieve this, those three more features would be really useful:

1. Agenda view
    An alternative view on the calendar/upcoming events page, so that users can more easily see the “events of the day”. Similar to what Google Calendar already has.
  2. Sort topics by event datetime
    Self descriptive - for an event-only category, so that users can browse new events more easilly. As a bonus, through this feature, it would be possible to embed events on another page using this.
  3. Embed Calendar
    The ability to embed the calendar/agenda view to another website. (Similar to what Google Calendar already has). Although this can also be achievable with the feature request no. 2.

We are also looking forward to the recurring events functionality (many music events happen every week)! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi, I don’t see the date of the event after the topic title in the topic list :frowning:

with the parameter display post event date on topic title enabled ?
:thinking: it is working with 2.6.0.beta1( b9174c8e8a )

1 Like

Yes, all enabled, I have 2.6.0.beta1 (544a9865c6)

weird, discourse-calendar/decorate-topic-title.js.es6 at master · discourse/discourse-calendar · GitHub hasn’t change since april…

I just rebuilt to 2.6.0.beta1 ( 544a9865c6 ) and it’s still working here (for past events at least!).

If I use redis-cli flushall ?
Before I have installed other Discourse Event plugin

do you mean the

if so, what are you calling “event” ? It should show in the raw post as

[event start=“2020-05-26 23:45” status=“public” end=“2020-05-27 02:15”]
[/event]

Right, sorry, Events Plugin. Event in raw post works:

But then nothing in the title on topic list:

:exploding_head:
any other plugins ?

Hi, I have installed:

babble 4.2.0
discourse-cakeday 0.2
discourse-calendar 0.2
discourse-topic-list-previews 4.4.0
discourse-whos-online 1.0
docker_manager 0.1

and in theme component:

Blog Post Styling
Custom Header Links (disabled for now)
discourse-category-banners
discourse-homepage-feature-component
Easy Footer
Featured Tiles
Header Links Theme Component
Scroll to Top
Slick - Gallery Component
Tiles - Gallery Component
User Portfolio

you might try to disable topic-list-previews, not sure of anything but :roll_eyes:

1 Like