Locations Plugin

With the new User Card Directory theme component, the location is shown twice. The original Discourse user profile location is no longer hidden.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. I may have time to address this towards the end of next week.

2 Likes

I’m 90% sure this should do it

(not tested though)

5 Likes

Thanks, merged :+1:

@omarfilip Let me know how that goes

5 Likes

That wasn’t it. The cards in the directory are within the .user-card-directory .user-card-container classes, instead of .user-card.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll take a look next week.

In the meantime, this plugin doesn’t support the User Card Directory theme component.

5 Likes

Can anyone advise on how I can report on the location of community members location in topics.
I am setting up a support area and woupd like to understand what country the memebers are in that are requesting support.

1 Like

Just a note that the FA icon map-o needs to be updated to use far-map in this plugin, sounds like we only have a few weeks before the old ones go away.

5 Likes

The user card overflow is still an issue at the moment too, if you’re doing any work on this component in the near future :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompts guys.

I’ve handled the deprecations

And the style issues of user locations in cards and profiles

@omarfilip I haven’t tested the user card directory with these updates, but they may address that as well.

4 Likes

Long addresses now wrap beautifully. thanks @angus :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, @angus. The update did not fix the double location. Here it is now:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 10.12.52 AM

1 Like

I’ve also noticed long addresses overflow out of the side of the window when viewing a user profile page:

And:

3 Likes

Thanks Richie, I’ve addressed that: Fix user profile location overflow · paviliondev/discourse-locations@e11bb2c · GitHub

@omarfilip This plugin will also now work with the user card theme component as well: Support user card directory · paviliondev/discourse-locations@931b609 · GitHub

3 Likes

Indeed it does - thanks, Angus!

2 Likes

Angus,I have some questions too.When I use it in my user card directory, the following happens.

I just installed the plugin, but it’s not showing up in the admin settings.

I’m using the current version of Discourse. Here’s the relevant portion of the app.yml file:

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 10.59.18 PM

Thoughts on how to debug this? I haven’t worked on Discourse in a while, so I’m definitely rusty.

1 Like

Just checking that after you changed app.yml you then rebuilt the Discourse docker image with ./launcher rebuild app from the base Discourse folder /var/discourse ?

2 Likes

I solved the problem. It was an embarrassing mistake. The change to app.yml was not in face saved.

2 Likes

Addressed it? Oh I see what you did there :rofl:

But in all seriousness, thanks @angus it wraps beautifully now:

3 Likes