Locations Plugin

@Richie Thanks for the report. There was a PR merge recently that may be the culprit here. I’ll take a look.

I’ve just installed this plugin, and I’m having an issue when in map mode, and when you click on the event title on the map, it bring up an error page rather than taking you to the Event page.

Please see here: International JavaScript Conference 2020 - Events - BCW

With the new User Card Directory theme component, the location is shown twice. The original Discourse user profile location is no longer hidden.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. I may have time to address this towards the end of next week.

2 Likes

I’m 90% sure this should do it

(not tested though)

5 Likes

Thanks, merged :+1:

@omarfilip Let me know how that goes

5 Likes

That wasn’t it. The cards in the directory are within the .user-card-directory .user-card-container classes, instead of .user-card.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll take a look next week.

In the meantime, this plugin doesn’t support the User Card Directory theme component.

5 Likes

Can anyone advise on how I can report on the location of community members location in topics.
I am setting up a support area and woupd like to understand what country the memebers are in that are requesting support.

1 Like

Just a note that the FA icon map-o needs to be updated to use far-map in this plugin, sounds like we only have a few weeks before the old ones go away.

5 Likes

The user card overflow is still an issue at the moment too, if you’re doing any work on this component in the near future :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompts guys.

I’ve handled the deprecations

And the style issues of user locations in cards and profiles

@omarfilip I haven’t tested the user card directory with these updates, but they may address that as well.

4 Likes

Long addresses now wrap beautifully. thanks @angus :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, @angus. The update did not fix the double location. Here it is now:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 10.12.52 AM

1 Like

I’ve also noticed long addresses overflow out of the side of the window when viewing a user profile page:

And:

3 Likes

Thanks Richie, I’ve addressed that: Fix user profile location overflow · paviliondev/discourse-locations@e11bb2c · GitHub

@omarfilip This plugin will also now work with the user card theme component as well: Support user card directory · paviliondev/discourse-locations@931b609 · GitHub

3 Likes

Indeed it does - thanks, Angus!

2 Likes

Angus,I have some questions too.When I use it in my user card directory, the following happens.

I just installed the plugin, but it’s not showing up in the admin settings.

I’m using the current version of Discourse. Here’s the relevant portion of the app.yml file:

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 10.59.18 PM

Thoughts on how to debug this? I haven’t worked on Discourse in a while, so I’m definitely rusty.

1 Like

Just checking that after you changed app.yml you then rebuilt the Discourse docker image with ./launcher rebuild app from the base Discourse folder /var/discourse ?

2 Likes