Staff Notes Plugin

official

(Robin Ward) #1

I’d like to introduce the official discourse-staff-notes plugin. The idea here is that sometimes staff members want to share notes about a particular user to help with moderation or support duties.

You can add a Staff Note to any user by using the admin menu on one of their posts:

The interface is displayed in a modal (which is also accessible from the user’s profile page). You can add as many notes as you need to, complete with markdown support:

If a user has a staff note, whenever they post you’ll see a little notes icon. Clicking it will bring up the notes:

That’s pretty much all there is to it! I’d love to hear feedback from people who install and try it out. I should note that it currently requires the tests-passed branch of discourse to work, although within a week or so it should work with the latest beta.

Moderation Tools
Send official warning to multiple recipients
Improvements for posts awaiting approval
About the staff-notes category
Viewing a user's suspension history
Requesting 4 moderation tools
"Staff Notes" plugin showing even when not enabled?
Naming bookmarks
(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

2 posts were split to a new topic: Staff Notes - Legacy replies

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #75

2 posts were split to a new topic: Show on user card

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #90

2 posts were split to a new topic: Automatically attach source URL to staff note

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #95

7 posts were split to a new topic: Is this plugin stable?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #102

5 posts were split to a new topic: Automatically add a staff note to two users when found to be sharing an IP address

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #109

A post was split to a new topic: Malfunctioning in v1.9.4

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #110

Please post new replies to the #plugin:staff-notes category.