Staff Notes Plugin

official

(Robin Ward) #1

I’d like to introduce the official discourse-staff-notes plugin. The idea here is that sometimes staff members want to share notes about a particular user to help with moderation or support duties.

You can add a Staff Note to any user by using the admin menu on one of their posts:

The interface is displayed in a modal (which is also accessible from the user’s profile page). You can add as many notes as you need to, complete with markdown support:

If a user has a staff note, whenever they post you’ll see a little notes icon. Clicking it will bring up the notes:

That’s pretty much all there is to it! I’d love to hear feedback from people who install and try it out. I should note that it currently requires the tests-passed branch of discourse to work, although within a week or so it should work with the latest beta.

Moderation Tools
Send official warning to multiple recipients
"Staff Notes" plugin showing even when not enabled?
Improvements for posts awaiting approval
Naming bookmarks
Viewing a user's suspension history
About the staff-notes category
Requesting 4 moderation tools
(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

2 posts were split to a new topic: Staff Notes - Legacy replies

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #75

2 posts were split to a new topic: Show on user card

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #90

2 posts were split to a new topic: Automatically attach source URL to staff note

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #95

7 posts were split to a new topic: Is this plugin stable?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #102

5 posts were split to a new topic: Automatically add a staff note to two users when found to be sharing an IP address

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #109

A post was split to a new topic: Malfunctioning in v1.9.4

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #110

Please post new replies to the #plugin:staff-notes category.