IF YOU ARE RUNNING AN AD BLOCKER RIGHT NOW YOU WILL HAVE A VERY BAD TIME TRYING TO SET THIS UP! TURN IT OFF BEFORE PROCEEDING DOWN THIS PATH! You’ve been warned.
There is now an officially endorsed advertising plugin ready for use. You can install it and start serving ads on your discourse forum.
Supported Ad Platforms :
- House Ads: Your own ads served from Discourse
- Google Adsense
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) (aka Google Ad Manager) including custom targeting
- Google Double Click for Publishers
- Amazon Affiliates - Banner and Product Link Ads
- CodeFund - Ethical Ad Platform for Developers
- Carbon Ads
You can download the officially endorsed Advertising plugin here and start serving ads to your Discourse forum.
Current limitations require you to set a very permissive policy using the
content_security_policy_script_src site setting. See below:
If your site uses an advertising service (like Google Ad Manager, Adsense, etc.) you probably will have to use a very permissive policy:
In the screenshot above, the policy allows any script from a
https:source and any inline script. (In the future, this might be replaced by the strict-dynamic keyword, but as of this writing,
strict-dynamicisn’t supported by Safari or Edge.)