Knowledge Explorer Plugin

I just rebuild app only keep one plugin, K. Explorer…But succeed to show contents. Now I’m working on test which one conflicts.

Lanco

2 Likes

Found one conflict:

No others. Just QA plugin conflicts. No matter how I change the QA settings, only if I disable it, the K. Explorer plugin show contents.(Even the related categories is not QA enabling.)

Our forum has one catalog based on QA plugin. And it already has many posts in. It’s hard for me to abandon QA plugin, Hope lovely author could fix this. @justindirose And happy new year, sorry for disturb you!

Lanco

1 Like

Nice job troubleshooting! This may also be a QA plugin issue. If it is, @angus and his pavilion colleagues would no doubt appreciate a bug report at Bug Report.

1 Like

Indeed this specific topic does not render there. Thanks for spotting this! However, all others seem to work flawlessly, right?

Maybe an issue with the solved plugin?

Generally, this plugin works pretty well but it is also still fairly new, so we can expect there to be some kinks. Meanwhile holidays and lifestyle changes :baby_bottle: for the plugin creator, so we have to be patient. :wink:

I made a list of confictions:

Hard Reject (Must disable)

May cause loadinng problems if enable for related category:

  • Vote (First time of loading)
  • Solved (Everytime of loading)

Sir, I’m not sure is there any other loading issues in your site. @amotl
Please ensure your KE related categories have disabled these plugins. :grimacing:

List of ensuring to be fine:

Lanco

2 Likes

The slug can change easily, whereas the id will not. Not to mention we’d have to do a dance looking up the category by slug versus the id which I wanted to avoid.

@amotl are you talking about the onebox for the link? I’ll have to see if that’s something we can handle in this context. I’m not certain if it is.

I will say that KE is not designed to be a canonical source of information; that’s what the actual topic or category is for. I recommend linking to the original versus the KE view, which is meant only for exploration and quick reference.

This may be dependent on how DiscoTOC looks for elements in the code. I’ll have a look at some point here.

I’m assuming this is because the post widgets are being decorated in these plugins. I’ll have to see if this can be accounted for in the plugin, or if modifications need to be made elsewhere.

Please be aware I’m still on part-time leave, so these fixes may take some time.

6 Likes

@Lanco_Azure – I just tried running these together for conflicts and I cannot reproduce. All plugins and core are on latest. Can you ensure you’re on the latest version of Discourse and the plugin?

6 Likes

It’s not quite the OneBox I am referring to here, but more the caption for the link. KE just renders “Hiveeyes”, while usually link captions are derived from the resource’s title.

Sure, thanks for looking into this already. Please enjoy your time!

1 Like

Dear Justin
There is something wrong when i enter chinese, please look the under pic, i can’t enter chinese normally
discourse-knowledge
Thanks.

@joffreyjaffeux I honestly have no idea what would be causing the above issue with typing in Chinese – any suggestions?

I guess this is because this value comes from queryParam and as such probably goes through some url encoding ?

@aksoforever Thanks for reporting that – I’m copying Unicode characters into the search box and they are working just fine. Can you provide exact repro steps, including what browser and OS you’re using?

4 Likes

copy is good, it works for chinese,
Just can’t input Chinese normally, discourse will soon input letters before I input Chinese charactersi have try different browsers, chrome, opera, the same.
my os is win 10 chinese
Discourse Meta this website is the same.

5 Likes

Just confirming, our normal search box at the top works fine?

4 Likes

yes, it works fine every time.
thanks Sam and Justin.

4 Likes

Incidentally, this minor message sometimes appears briefly as the topics load. It’s no big deal but a bit weird. To replicate here on meta, search in the explorer for a word that does not exist, then delete it from the search bar.

3 Likes

@vinothkannans can you repro this issue by @aksoforever ? You will need to add a chinese keyboard to windows I think. My guess is that this is something to do with how it implements find as you type where focus is lost.

4 Likes

Fixed here:

3 Likes

Ah in watching this video, I’m wondering if our debounce (which stops the search from performing while you’re typing) is too fast. It looks like it’s running the search and stopping you from completing the typing of the character before it can convert to the unicode version.

I’ll have a look a little later unless @vinothkannans gets to it first.

EDIT: @aksoforever I’ve implemented a fix here –

Please update and let me know if the behavior is improved. I was able to reproduce and indeed it was the debounce time being set too low to tolerate the unicode character conversion.

4 Likes