Daily Summary (5am UTC)

Welcome to our AI-generated Daily Summary topic! (5:00 AM Edition) :slight_smile:

This is the topic where a daily summary of meta’s activity is collated by our good friend Bert, and posted here so everyone can get a rundown of some of the top discussions over the past 24 hours.

To account for our global audience, we have three editions (this one, Daily Summary (9pm UTC), and Daily Summary (1pm UTC)), which fire at different times of the day so you can get one at a time most convenient to you. All of them cover the last 24 hours (respectively), so the main difference is when they land.

If you’d like to get a ping whenever a new one is posted just set this topic to Watching (and if you change your mind, change it back :slight_smile:).

Feedback is certainly welcome. We’ll be tweaking and refining the idea as we go, so all input is encouraged. We do have a separate topic for that so as to keep this one just for summaries. You can find that here - Daily Summary Feedback

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

:warning: Small caveat… AI (even GPT-4) does hallucinate, it is unavoidable. Don’t treat everything it says as truth, as there will likely be some lies mixed in. We’ll try to manually correct any if we spot them, but still… keep an eye out. :eyes:

5 Likes

Today on meta.discourse.org

Key Stats

Interesting Topics

support

site feedback

installation

theme-component

#Contributing

ux

dev

bug

Activity by the @team Group

Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you again tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Key Stats

In the last 24 hours, there were:

Interesting Topics

Key Stats

Interesting Topics

dev

theme-component

bug

site feedback

installation

• KhoiUSA’s rebuild was failing with certain plugins enabled. After some troubleshooting, they discovered the Discourse Subscriptions plugin was the culprit.

#Hosted-Customers:

• Discourse provided an explanation of how hidden site settings work on Discourse hosted sites and which ones can be adjusted by the Discourse team.

ux

support

feature

community

Key Stats

• 137 new posts
  • 13 new topics
  • Top users:

Interesting Topics

installation

bug

dev

• simon is working on an Obsidian plugin for posting to Discourse and ran into a CORS issue. A solution was found to use Obsidian’s requestUrl function with specific options to make the API request.

• For seeing the JSON data structure returned by a webhook, simon shared that you can configure a webhook to example.com, perform a triggering action, then view the payload from the webhook’s events page without needing a receiver.

support

ux

community

• saurabhmithal asked if there is a space for admins of Discourse communities to connect, especially non-technical ones. The meta forum itself was suggested as the place for that.

Key Stats

Interesting Topics

Key Stats

• 103 new posts
  • 22 new topics

Top users by likes and posts:

1. grubba (18 likes, 2 posts)
  2. JammyDodger (16 likes, 6 posts)
  3. merefield (11 likes, 4 posts)

Interesting Topics

support

dev

• In the Ember 4 upgrade, david shared that cvx is actively working on topic lists, with an experimental site setting available. Customization options are still to be explored in coming weeks.

• user14893 encountered a theme component update issue after upgrading Discourse. JammyDodger and RGJ provided troubleshooting suggestions to analyze template changes and consider rewriting to use plugin outlets.

bug

ux

• ganncamp suggested adding a “not now” option when prompted to enable AI image captions. Falco noted the existing “Don’t ask again” serves that purpose since it can be toggled later in preferences.

plugin

theme

Key Stats

• 76 new posts and 10 new topics in the last 24 hours
  • Top users by likes and posts:

Interesting Topics

plugin

installation

ux

#translations

dev

support

Key Stats

Interesting Topics

ux

praise

• eisammy expressed gratitude to the Discourse team for keeping the platform open source and helping grow respectful discourse communities around the world. The post received 10 likes.

#Self-Hosting

bug

support

dev

Key Stats

• 118 new posts and 19 new topics in the last 24 hours
  • Top users:

Interesting Topics

support